State Library staff are happy to provide hints and directions to get you started but will not undertake research for you. Before you contact or visit the State Library, take some time to think about your task. Library staff are happy to help you through parts of the information process.
- Where will you find this information?
- Check the Library catalogue before your visit.
- Are there any LibGuides available for your subject? (these save valuable time)
- Have you checked our eResources or Useful websites for information on your subject?
- Do you require historical material on South Australia? SA Memory is an online gateway to South Australian history, heritage and culture.
From the information that you have found, select the most useful to your topic:
- Does the information have to be current?
- Do you require primary sources eg archival material in its various formats: letters, diaries, photographs, oral histories?
- Is your selected resource accurate and credible information? evaluating resources
Research work is a skill that improves with practice. At first the information gathering process seems daunting, but once you learn the ropes you will surprise yourself with your efficiency. Please talk to our staff at the Information Desk if you would like any assistance.